Committed in rBM7810: Library Overrides: Manual..
- Create function filelist_entry_is_selected(filelist, index) that avoids creating unnecessary cache entries.
Generally LGTM, minor comments inlined.
Fri, Mar 5
Again I can't speak for the animation code. Seems fine from my side.
- Move code into armature_pose.cc and convert to C++
AFAIK operators aren't really meant for calling from Python, and are there for things like buttons, menu items, hotkeys, etc. This function is intended to be lower-level than that, as a building block for operators, and not for direct use by users.
- Rename activate_file_by_id → activate_asset_by_id to avoid confusion. This function is meant for asset selection; if in the future its scope gets expanded it can get a new name that properly reflects that scope.
I was looking into ways to let the actual area/region listeners run to see if they tag for a reload of the file list, it's doable but not worth the effort I think.
- Rename on_reload_callback → onReloadFn and on_reload_callback_data → onReloadFnData
- Safer sizeof() in memory allocation
Will asset manager support custom node tree data blocks so such add-ons as animation nodes or sverchok could use to save some node trees?
Thu, Mar 4
Any reason to do this as function, not as an operator? Looking at the function, I don't see a reason to do it this way off hand.
I don't like the explicit deferred thing, can't we reliably find out if there's a reload pending? We could check if there is a pending NC_ASSET | NA_ADDED notifier. I wouldn't mind a bool WM_main_has_notifier(uint noteflags). Not particularly nice, but okay.
Think longer term the asset operators should use the AssetList API to notify about changes that may require a reload.
- Rename function to apply_pose_from_action, so that it's clear that only a single pose is applied, and not all animation in the given Action.
- Reset runtime pointer to NULL when reading blendfile or duplicating area
- Add on-reload callback system for deferred calls to ED_fileselect_activate_by_id().
- No longer set FILE_SEL_HIGHLIGHTED on activation; it wasn't what I thought it was.
Generally looks good.
Tue, Mar 2
Tue, Feb 23
I am facing the similar problem and not able to import. I am trying to make similar type of toilets for improving the blog [https://empiretoilet.com/toto-vs-american-standard/ ] presentation but I am not succeeding. If anyone found a solution please guide me as well.
Sun, Feb 21
I faced the same problem in Blender 2.92-rc too. problem is this. when object turns to Library override, Blender keeps 2 version of the object. the link of the original one and mirrored local one. Inside the scene only local one detectable but drive can see the both.
Drive detects the target by name and this cause some time get linked one and some time the local one.
I find a temporary solution in python.
Thu, Feb 18
Wed, Feb 17
Same issue in 2.93 alpha. Is there at least a passable workaround for this? The file I've got is 24MB, so not sure manually editing it is practical. ;)