More than a week without reply or activity.
Due to the policy of the tracker closing for until required info/data are provided.
I am also getting this problem. The build on 2/2/20 theme worked fine. Then when I updated to build 2/14/20 it was lighter. I'm on windows 8 with AMD Radeon HD 7310 integrated graphics card. The computer is air gapped and nothing else was installed or changed. To get headers close to the same darkness I have to set it to a hex #0f0f0f or RGB 0.059
Tried with 2.79, problem still persists. After that, I tried the driver given by the manufacturer which is AMD Raven Ridge 25.20.15030.4 and nope, still doesn't work.
Mon, Feb 24
More than a week of inactivity, closing for now (we can always re-open should requested info be provided).
Sun, Feb 23
Devs: Does it match the requirements ? https://www.blender.org/download/requirements/
Jan: Try 2.79, if 2.82 isn't compatible.
Sat, Feb 22
@Mary (dealingwithdigits) I'm not sure. Hardware replacement for laptops is usually a bit difficult and sometimes impossible if the parts are soldered. Unfortunately helping with hardware upgrades is not something that we can do on the bug tracker.
Is it possible to update my graphics card in a laptop?
The Radeon HD 7000M series and Radeon HD 7000 series with the 76xx numbers have the TeraScale architecture. They do not fulfill the minimum requirements for running Blender 2.8x. It requires at least the GCN first generation architecture for AMD GPUs.
Wed, Feb 19
Thanks for all the details!
I really hope all the pre-render sequence will become multithreaded soon, sometimes it's painful 10s of seconds or even minutes watching all those cores just sitting there doing nothing. Wish you sort it out really soon!!
Any idea on why it actually got slower on 2.82 though? Does anyone confirm this yet? I have tested it on both my machines and lots of scenes ant it is pretty consistent.
Do note that the benchmark numbers posted were on a c5d.18xlarge instance which is a 72 core box where lock contention will be a much bigger issue than on the average 4-8 core desktop system.
The release notes just mention the BVH building is faster and better threaded (since the threads are no longer fighting over the lock causing them to stall), but there is much more in the pre-processing step than just building the BVH.
This patch never made the pre-processing step more or less multi-threaded than it was before, however in the cases where it was multi-threaded all threads would fight for the lock on the memory allocator so in memory allocation heavy codepaths (like BVH building) this patch will offer a small (yet measurable) improvement but things that were single threaded before will still be single threaded now.
I apologize first for my ignorance in the subject of programming, but now that 2.82 is supposed to have incorporated these changes, how do I benefit from them; I have two 8c/16t systems and in 2.82 the scene build times on my latest files and blenchmark scenes seems to have gone up from 2.81 by 3-4 seconds, still most of the load remains singlethreaded with a few spikes, just like before.
Been waiting for this part to go multithreaded for so long, so what am I missing here?!!
Make sure to also update your graphics driver. Your older graphics card might just have a weird bug with rBe0499387ca0a641a92f3ad22bcdfc356d4828f12, in that case, we cannot do much to support end of life hardware.
Make sure accessibility settings are not interfering: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/27928/windows-10-make-windows-easier-to-see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4344736/windows-10-use-color-filters
Not much we can do on our side, this is a fairly common system error in Windows it seems, which can have many different causes (as shown by basic primal google search... https://www.google.com/search?q=DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ). Most likely related to your GPU drivers one way or the other, in that specific case?
I also uninstalled all instances, deleted corresponding directories to best my knowledge, used cleaner to remove invalid reg keys, and fresh installed 2.82; still nothing.
Tue, Feb 18
No activity for more than a week. As per the tracker policy we assume the issue is gone and can be closed.
Mon, Feb 17
This seemed to me like after click event was received, OS was polled for position or we wait for another position event. I wouldn't assume, that problem or limitation is on OS side, many apps can handle this.
But I am not familiar with our event system at all...
Cannot confirm that on linux.
I have a bit more information as I continue to investigate:
Thank you for letting me know D3058.
There is useful information for implementing IME I didn't know.
I won't have access to my Windows machine at the moment, but I believe it was something like this:
Sun, Feb 16
What is your GPU's driver version?
Thanks for the patch. Looks promising.
Blender needs a complete solution for IME on all platform, IME switch not work in MacOS for lack of developer.
irie update IME in 2018 against Blender2.8 D3058 ,the reviewed process in half way,then stop for some reason.
Sat, Feb 15
Thu, Feb 13
Tested on Linux, both files are the same size. Maybe it's spesific to windows.
Wed, Feb 12
I am new to this community so i don't know if this is where i should comment. I have developed some settings with the latest 3dconnexion software. I use a SpacePilot Pro which is a 3 year old 3dconnexion product.
I have included screenshots of my settings that I used in the latest release of Blender 2.81 I have full control of the software with my SpacePilot Pro. My settings allow me to zoom, rotate, pitch and yaw of the object in layout mode. I use the MMB to to pan. I hope this helps someone if they were looking for a solution.