Blender users have many desires for improvements to the Bevel tool and Modifier. This task is for exploring priorities for implementing those, as well as designs for doing so.
**Some current TODOs and feature requests**
* better handling of profile=1, profile=0.25, and implement profile=0 cases (see T39132 and T38458 and T40278).
* generalize to handle several manifold sheets touching at a point (see T34678).
* improve clamping code (see T38871).
* more options, e.g., spline spec for profile shape (see T40722) and vertex blends with setbacks.
* treat more cases like "pipe" to avoid bulges (see T40258)
* option to have bevel not create n-gons (see bf-funboard thread)
* sometimes leaves degenerate geometry (T48174)
* a "harden normals" option - see https://rightclickselect.com/p/modeling/gkbbbc/harden-normals-option-in-bevel-modifier
* tapered bevel influence by vertex weight - see https://rightclickselect.com/p/modeling/Wkbbbc/bevel-modifier-influenced-by-vertex-weight
Following comments will have some initial explorations of the problems and designs for solving each of these.