Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 451.48
Broken: version: 2.83.1, branch: master79, 2.83.1, commit date: 2020-06-25 09:47, hash: `rB8289fc688b3e`2.90.0
Worked: (newest version of Blender that worked as expected)N/a
**Short description of error**
[Please fill out a short description of the error here]
Drivers in the Material Mapping-Node work fine in the world rotation-mode. But when I switch to LOCAL rotation, it doesn't work any more.
In blender 2.82 is there no problem at all.
**Exact steps for others to reproduce the error**
[Please describe the exact steps needed to reproduce the issue]
[Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file (as simple as possible)]
1. In the default blender setting start up file, add an Empty.
2. go in the cube material and add a Material.
3. Make this setup in the Material: Texture Coordinate (use the normal output-socket)--> Mapping-Node-->Normal-node(Dot-output)--->emission-node--->Material-output.
4. Add a driver to the X-Rotation of the mapping node.
5. In the driver: Use the Empty as the input and the x-rotation as type.
6. Try it out: It works great. (rotate the empty)
7. Now change the driver space-type from world-space to local-space.
8. Try it again. It's not working any more.
9. Test this result now in blender 2.82 and it works again.