OS X 10.11.6, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB
Broken: 2.78 6917de6 (any buildbot)
Worked: 2.78 0b13b7a (official)
Short description of error
Latest builds crash if I want to disable some add ons.
Across crash on "Load factory setting" (I posted here https://developer.blender.org/T49592) I found few addons that crash immediately if I want to (disablet them.
First aid to get "Load factory setting" works I had to moved userpref.blend and startup.blend files out of config folder.
It helped. Than I created new ones, and enabled "my" few most needed addons.
Few of them always crash when I want them disable.
(If they are ON, blender crash on "Load Factory Setting".
- Animation Nodes
- Asset Manager
- Node Wrangler
(Doesn't matter if any other addon is enabled.)
- Blender Cloud - is special one, this crash if "Copy Attributes Menu" or "Import Images as Planes" addons are ON. If they are OFF addon works.
(Yesterday I would swear that with build from 10.10.2016 I could disable "Blender Cloud" addon after "Cycles Render" addon. Today zero relation in behavior.)
And just don't be this enough easy, I tried to do the same with running blender from terminal.
And ... it behaves differently.
- Asset Manager - crashed when I took it ON (not OFF as usually) several times, but now I can't replicate it
- Blender Cloud - can be disabled without crash, terminal message:
search for unknown operator 'PILLAR_OT_browser', 'PILLAR_OT_browser' search for unknown operator 'PILLAR_OT_browser', 'PILLAR_OT_browser'
- Copy Attributes Menu - crashed now too and after that Blender Cloud start to crash too with
search for unknown operator 'PILLAR_OT_browser', 'PILLAR_OT_browser' search for unknown operator 'PILLAR_OT_browser', 'PILLAR_OT_browser' blender(5216,0x7fff7895d000) malloc: *** error for object 0x7fc9adc870d0: pointer being freed was not allocated *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug Abort trap: 6
- Now I'm out of focus, now these two crash blender in strange order ...
I spend few hours trying different combinations to see what interact with what.
I m discharged, patience over,sorry.
One more thing that was noticeable, in some cases it helped wait a few second before disabling another one.