Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.17134 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 388.13
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 53), branch: blender2.7, commit date: 2019-04-02 19:53, hash: rBa813e259d630
Worked: 2.79 official
Short description of error
Objects that are too small to be visible in the viewport don't get selected with Select Box tool. Other selection tools like Circle Select or Laso Select work as expected. The problem exist in all viewing modes (wireframe, solid, eevee). In Blender 2.79 all objects get selected no matter how small they are.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open the attached blend file. There are two cubes, one with scale 10, the second with scale 0.01.
- Zoom out to see the larger cube.
- Select the large cube to make it active.
- Box Select both cubes. The small cube does not get selected.
- Select the small cube to make it active.
- Box Select both cubes. Both cubes get selected.