Blender 4.1: Rendering¶
Point and Spot lights have a new Soft Falloff option, that makes the lights render the same as in Blender 3.6 and earlier. This behavior is not physically based, but helps avoid sharp boundaries when the light intersects with other geometry. The option is enabled by default on new lights. (PR#117832)
The Musgrave Texture node was replaced by the Noise Texture node. Existing shader node setups are converted automatically, and the resulting renders are identical. (0b11c591ec)
- The Dimension input is replaced by a Roughness input, where
Roughness = power(Lacunarity, -Dimension).
- The Detail input value must be subtracted by 1 compared to the old Musgrave Texture node.
By being part of the Noise Texture node, the Musgrave modes gain support for the Distortion input and Color output.
- Support rendering particle system hair, in addition to the existing geometry node hair curves (9a7ea993d0).
- Improved support for shader conversion to MaterialX, including math node (e5b7768830).
- Exports of large meshes has been parallelized, giving up to a 6x speedup depending on the scene and hardware (75f24a5f14).